The classic chocolate chip cookie. Let’s discuss these for a moment. By far this is my absolute favorite recipe. It is chewy on the outside edges and very soft on the inside with every bite you get a yummy chocolate chip. This recipe never disappoints. Weather you need a quick snack or something to take to that family get together. Lets get started!
Chocolate chip cookies here we go!
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl cream together room temperature unsalted butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Until fluffy.
Step 2: Beat in instant vanilla pudding powder. Mix well. Followed by the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
Step 3: In a separate bowl whisk together baking soda and flour until mixed. After it is mixed slowly beat into the wet dough mixture. I normally try to pour it in three sections.
Step 4: The best part! Add the chocolate chips. Now this is where you can get creative. I like lots of chocolate so I put in semi sweet and milk chocolate I also use mini and large chips just to give it some difference.
*Tip:When scooping the cookies. I use a cookie scoop it is a 2 tablespoon scoop, but you are welcome to use whatever size you like. Using the scoop will give you a more consistent size and shape to each cookie and then they will all bake same.
Step 5: Once all the chocolate is mixed in you can start scooping out the cookies onto a cookie sheet. Be sure to place parchment on the cookie sheet not only dose it help your cookies bake better it makes clean up a breeze. Place cookies at least 2 inches apart and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. I start looking at them around 9-10 minutes and add a minute at a time if they need longer.
Once the cookies are baked let them cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and then place them on a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way. Keep them in an airtight container they will keep up to 5 days. If they last that long! My family always eats them way to fast to go stale!
Yesterday, I really wanted cookies. Today I am eating cookies follow your dreams.
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix 3.4 oz box
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 12 oz Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F place parchment paper on cookie sheet. Cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Next add vanilla pudding powder and mix.
- Then add the eggs and vanilla be sure to mix well.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a separate bowl and whisk together. Then slowly add flour to dough mixture.
- Once all the flour is mixed add the chocolate chips you can fold them in or mix them in your mixer.
- Scoop cookies onto prepared sheet (2 tablespoon cookie scoop) 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Start checking around 9-10 minutes add 1 minute at a time until they are done to your liking. Let stand on cookie sheet to cool 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.Keep in airtight container.